What’s your favorite type of landscape? Beach? Forest? Glacier? Desert? Urban? Rural? Lake? River? Mountains? The long narrow strip of land that is Chile contains them all.
- Atacama Desert (flamingoes)
- Neruda’s Home near the sea, “Isla” Negra
- Andes Mountains (view from our former apartment in Santiago)
- Punta Arenas (penguins) Taking advantage of the December warm season, we also visited Punta Arenas, the coldest city in the country. Adorable little penguins stood in their small earthen homes on the beach. I struck up a conversation with one and he looked to be earnestly listening.
- Chiloe Island (curanto)
- Hot Springs: Termas Colinas in the Andes above Santiago
- San Marcos Eiffel chapel (In the small city of Arica)
- Lake Verde in Parque Huerquehue outside Pucón (I know, I went past 7! Too many favorites)
Gracias for reading Fake Flamenco! Ole! -Rebecca
Para leer este ensayo en español, haz un clic en 7 Lugares Favoritos en Chile.