How did I pick only seven? I haven’t been to Northwestern or Southeastern Spain, yet! I find places where a mix of cultures has left their mark interesting to explore. Andalucía shines for the eight centuries of convivencia, the peaceful co-existing of Muslim, Christian, and Jewish people in Spain. Several of my favorite sights are there in Southern Spain.
- Granada: The Alhambra and Generalife, Science Museum, Flamenco in el Albaicín
- Sevilla: Alcázar of Seville, waterfront
- Córdoba: Mosque
- Madrid: The Prado Museum
- Toledo: (south of Madrid) View from across the river, Alcázar, Plaza, synogogue
- Segovia: (north of Madrid) Alcázar of Segovia, Roman aqueduct
- Barcelona: Joan Miró park, paella
Gracias por leer Fake Flamenco! Olé! -Rebecca
2 thoughts on “Seven Cities to See in Spain”
I love Sevilla, Córdoba and Granada as well. Are you not a Gaudí fan? While I love Miró, to me Barcelona belongs to Antoni Gaudí. Spain is simply amazing!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m a huge Gaudí fan! Yes.