A big thank you *Olé!* to Beth of Pilgrimage Studio for nominating me for a Liebster Award! I appreciate her choosing Fake Flamenco. Please take a moment to look through her marvelous photographs. Gracias.
Beth asked me to answer her 11 Fibbing Friday questions. My creative answers:
- What event became known as “The Shot Heard ’Round the World”? The Covid cure, of course!
- What exactly is a duvet? The vet with the scalpel who spays or neuters the pet.
- What was “The Man in the Iron Mask” about? The story of a new vegan working to balance his diet.
- Divan, Chesterfield, settee, and Davenport are all examples of what? Last names of legendary furniture thieves.
- Why was the Eiffel Tower built? Originally a monument to a man who’d fallen and couldn’t get up. For a century its stairs have been beloved as a training site for the elite French fleet of foot.
- The Harry Potter series wasn’t about a boy who finds out he’s a wizard. What was it about? Hand-building Yetis out of white clay.
- What was Moby Dick about? It was Moody Rick originally, but the author’s handwriting was terrible and the typesetter did their best.
- What was “The King’s Speech” about? The King confessed he’s quitting his day job today and a cappella singing in the subway full time.
- If you go to a pub and ask for a “black & tan”, exactly what do you get? Marmite on toast, whatcha think it was?
- What is “shepherd’s pie”? Mother says you’d best avoid them, or she’ll have you wash your shoes.
And Now for The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- display the award on your blog — include it in your post and/or display it using a “widget”. (Note: save the image to your computer, then upload it to your blog post.)
- answer 11 questions about yourself, provided by the person who nominated you.
- provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- nominate 5 – 11 blogs you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note: you can ask the blog owner; not all blogs display this information!)
- create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then:
- Inform the people/blogs you nominated them for the Liebster award and provide a link to your post so they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
11 Facts about Rebecca of Fake Flamenco:
- What makes you smile? Spanish makes me smile.
- Favorite book as a child? Secret Garden.
- Last book you’ve read? Last two kid books I read, Menagerie and Dragon on Trial. Book I finished today; Room with a View.
- Favorite spring flower: Grape hyacinth for the scent of purple.
- Favorite landscape? Any natural landscape; but especially lakes and mountains.
- Favorite view? View from the cabin my parents built themselves.
- Analog or digital? Analog with forays into digital.
- Horse or bicycle? For daily transportation, bicycle. A horse would be fun on a special occasion.
- First non-essential place you’d go after living shut-in for a while? My, what an abstract question! Toss up between a date at a dance hall and a movie theater.
- Monument you’d like to live in for a weekend? The Alhambra.
- What musician plays your life soundtrack? Bebel Gilberto.
- Viva España US Expat and Covid-19 in Spain
- Free Thinking Bibliophile Great Reviews; Fascinating Books
- Morenita Mommy Joyful Trilingual Multicultural Family
- The Tiny Potager Home School, with Chickens
- i choose this… Making Choices; Loving Life
- Headscarves & Hardbacks Muslim-inspired readings
- Orentecare’s Blog Motherhood, Beauty, Life
- Bloomwords Poetic Dreams from an Old Soul
- A Pañuelo World Travel Advice & Photos
Happy Weekend Surprise! If you’d like to accept the nomination, please answer the same questions I did above under “11 Facts.” I encourage readers to answer a few of those or the Fibbing Friday questions too. : )
Gracias for reading Fake Flamenco! ¡Olé! –Rebecca