Time to recognize the post of the week!
The ¡Olé¡ Medallion goes to Diana at Thoughts on Papyrus. Diana’s excellent, informative post is organized in such a way to make Japanese Literature accessible to Western audiences who may have little background in Eastern writings. That’s me to a T.
Her post “Japanese Literature Recommendations for Each Zodiac Sign” is carefully crafted. Diana categorizes 12 Japanese works according to the personality type that might like a particular book. Belief in the zodiac is not required to delve into the presentation. I was fascinated and enjoyed reading her recommendations. For the first time, I feel I have a window into Japanese fiction, a place to start exploring.
The book for my sign/personality was, Kobo Abe’s The Face of Another. Thank you for this novel way (yes, pun intended) to present new information. I really appreciated the work that went into your post, Diana. (click on the words “your post” to see it 🙂
A standing ovation for an excellent post.
¡Olé¡ is the encouragement audiences give Flamenco dancers in Spain.
Blogging content that merits such fanfare has outstanding writing, art and photos. They are posts that uplift and educate us; poems and art that nurture the spirit.
How to participate:
- When you receive an ¡Olé! you may post the logo above and name of your article on your home page.
- Choose a terrific post someone wrote this week and give the blogger an ¡Olé! Please pass it forward, not back to the person who applauded you.
- Notify the blogger in the comments section of their post: “I applaud this excellent post with an ¡Olé!“
- Write a short post describing what you liked about it with a link to their article. Use the logo above.
- Link to the Guidelines in this article from Fake Flamenco in your post to ensure I get to see all this great blogging. Done! No questions to answer, easier than (pie) paella. ; )
Now, whose post will Diana choose? What book does she recommend for you?
Gracias for visiting Fake Flamenco! Your likes and comments make me smile. ¡Olé! –Rebecca